1. A Researcher awarded Ph.D in History and its allied subjects or have done equivalent Research work may apply for Research Projects grant for which the RPC organises presentation-cum-interview twice (June and December ) in a year.
2. In order to apply for the research project grant, Applicant has to prepare the summary of his research work in History and its Allied subjects. For research projects grant application can be sent through institution or individually.
3. In regard with the sent application , the synopsis submitted by applicant is sent to experts for assessment synopsis with the positive assessment is selected for presentation-cum-interview . The selection process for the research projects grant starts then only.
4. The maxium duration of the project is 2 years.
5. The duration of a project shall ordinarily not exceed two years, but the research projects committee (or the Council, when it makes the award) may set a longer period.
(a) If the Project Director of a project wishes to withdraw from the project or is unable to continue with it, or dies, or if it appears that a change in the person of Project Director is desirable, the Research Projects Committee may make the said change, in consultation with the institution of affiliation; and
(b) Any significant change in research design of the project shall require prior approval of the Research Projects Committee.